Saturday, May 21, 2011

Ogden Marathon

Back in October my office gal Dixi asked me if I would run with her in the Ogden Marathon. Dixi has never ran in a marathon before and she wanted to experience what marathon running is all about, so we signed up. 6 months later, come Saturday morning we met up for her 26.2 mile run. The marathon started up around Causey Damn. Where Red Rock outfitters is. Dixi was quite nervous, because she felt under trained, but she was very excited. She started out pretty strong, but then started bogging down around mile 17 just as I told her she would. I stayed with her and I was feeling good running at a slower pace then I'm used to, but last 10 miles or so Dixi was having problems with her hip flexors and we had to stop a bit along the way to stretch them out. Dixi finished at around 5 hours and she enjoyed her experience with her first marathon! Dixi plans on running the marathon next year. Only this time she says she'll train a lot more at a faster pace. I realized this is my new pace for ultra running.Celest, Dixi, Cory

No comments:

Post a Comment