Saturday, April 10, 2010

American River 50 Mile

From Sacramento to Auburn. I left Wednesday night with Marc Coleman, one of Utah's most dedicated runners. We stayed Wednesday night in Wells NV in the Motel 6. We left the next morning at 6am and went to the local eating house Bella's which serves the best hogg meat and hen eggs around. We then drove to Elko NV and stopped to visit a local business man, and friend. He owns Top Gun Auto Body. We made are way to Sacramento California Thursday night. The next day we hooked up with the speed goat team members Tom Remkes and Monica Ochs. Saturday morning at the race I made my way to the front line and saw Monica Ochs ready to race. The race went well. I had lots of energy. It was my fastest American River to date. I ran it in 9 hours 9 minutes. Tom ran the race in 7 hours 49 minutes. Monica was just minutes behind Tom.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to blog land, Cory! I hope to see you out on the trails this year. Good job at AR!

    ReplyDelete